Sample Examination Questions
Curious about what types of questions are in the HACP exam? Interested in how well you might do? Answer the sample questions below then click on the question to reveal the correct answer.
1. Which of the following statements is true?
- CMS validation surveys are announced
- CMS complaint surveys are announced
- CMS surveys are unannounced
- CMS surveys are unannounced except for validation surveys
- CMS surveys are unannounced except for complaint surveys
2. A hospital must ask a patient if he/she wishes to have his/her family notified when the patient is…
- Admitted to the hospital
- Seen in the emergency department
- Seen in an outpatient clinic
- Before transfer to another hospital
- Prior to discharge from the hospital
3. Supervising the nursing care for a patient is the responsibility of which individual?
- Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Nurse Aide
- Unit Clerk
- Registered Nurse
- None of the above
4. Who may enter a medication storage area where controlled substances are left out on a counter?
- A physician
- A registered nurse
- A nurse aide
- A pharmacist
- All except C
5. The hospital’s fire response plan must address which of the following?
- Reporting of fires
- Extinguishing of fires
- Protection of patients and personnel
- All of the above