Sample HACP CMS Exam Questions
Answer the sample questions below then click on the question to reveal the correct answer.
1. Hospitals have a choice of doing all of the following except?
- Be directly certified by CMS
- Be accredited by a CMS approved deeming authority
- Not participating in Medicare / Medicaid programs
- Participating in Medicare programs based on approval by their State licensing body
- None of the above
2. Which of the following statements regarding the use of a PRN order for restraint or seclusion is true?
- PRN use of restraint or seclusion is permitted if part of a medical staff approved protocol
- PRN use of restraint or seclusion is not permitted
- A trial release from restraint is not considered a PRN use of restraint
- Seclusion may be used PRN but not restraint
- Restraint may be used PRN but not seclusion
3. The pharmacy must compound all sterile medications and intravenous admixtures except:
- In labor and delivery units
- In the emergency department
- In emergencies
- When nursing agrees to do so
- When pharmacists are too busy
4. When must informed consent for a surgical procedure be entered into the medical record?
- At the time the surgery is scheduled
- Prior to the start of the surgical procedure
- Upon completion of the surgical procedure
- As part of the post-procedure note
- Upon discharge of the patient from the recovery area
5. If a hospital has two campuses and each campus has an emergency department, how many medical staff directors of emergency services may the hospital have?
- As many as the hospital wants