HACP Recertification Process
Don’t let your certification expire!
The HACP designation is good for two years from the date of issuance. In order to maintain the HACP credential, you must recertify every two years.
Recertification can be obtained by paying the recertification fee, and by either of the following:
- Re-taking the HACP examination
- Providing evidence of 24 hours of continuing education units (CEU). One hour of study or instruction equals one CEU. The CEU’ must address areas consistent with Joint Commission standards and/or CMS Conditions of Participation.
- The HACP Continuing Education Program
HACP professionals are able to access self-study modules – free of charge – directly from the HACP website. The modules address Joint Commission standards and CMS Conditions of Participation. Each module contains:
- Directions for completing the module and receiving CEU credit
- A PowerPoint presentation
- An MP3 audio instruction file
- A post-test
- Through attendance at seminars, education programs, or other venues of formal instruction
- Through self study via web-based products or modules
Login to HACP at: CIHQ-HACP.org